Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quiescence

Have you ever looked at the star studded sky at night??? I have and you should have been with me. The place were i reside is the abode of lots of creatures like the winged ones , four legged ones, crawling ones, climbing ones, cooing ones and much more. My backyard is hugged by a little strip of forest extending from its mother the GIR forest herself and the added beauty is that we are on the shores of the great Arabian Sea.
At night the forest wakes up and if you close your eyes you can listen to her songs. A slow humming from the trees when wind plays with its leaves, a slow roar of the sea in the backdrop and sounds from birds giving its last calls to their mates. I lay on the concrete floors of my terrace, still hot due to the evening sun, soaking up the rich spirits of my mother nature. I get a glimse of a falling star streaking across the sky, and I wave back, yes thats sky wishing me goodnight. But its not time for my sleep, I feel myself being a part of this macrocosm, just a minute speck of flesh that we are, totally helpless yet independent. He has this myriad ways of uniting souls, only if you open up your senses, only if you just slow down from your rat race that he shows you the way.
A peacock is cooing somewhere in the forest, I look back at the sky, yes I can see the big dipper on the eastern skies. I wish i was Ganymede, the beautiful young lad from the Greek mythology taken to the heavens by Jupiter himself. Mythologies and fairy tales are so enamouring.
The sounds of the seas is getting more loud, are they trying to break into the land? Winds are getting chilly and its getting cold, my concrete floors have lost its glory to the night. A blaring TV nearby is killing the spirit, i wish for a total blackout. It would be such fun just to listen to the slow humming of mother nature. A current of air laps at my face, but its not time for my sleep. My eye lids are getting heavy, i could see pictures of night coming in and out. Maybe Iam dreaming, i curl myself into nature's cradle and slowly slips into a sweet slumber.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rivas said...

You have earned the right to be on my bloglist. ;)

Keep updating, dude.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home