Name:
Location: India

Saturday, November 11, 2006

SAFARI

Last day we went to this hotel called SAFARI (in no way related to any adventure ride, but yes the type of food you get there is indeed worth a ride). I was in that mood to try out something new, iam usually very conservative when on the eating table, I go for the well experienced, good food categories.
We had a good usual hot & sour soup (1/2) for a starter and then it striked me, its so boring to have the same thing (i could see myself ordering a butter nan with paneer burji and maybe a some coffee), monotony is boring. So i made that decision to have a dry chinese burji (what the hell??), we waited for it for like 10 mins or so but by the amount of saliva that was getting accumulated in my mouth, I could feel my table napkin getting drenched. Anyway what visited our table was this bowl of basmati rice (i presume), mixed with some spices, green chillies and fried cauliflower. It was indeed worth my saliva, very tasty to the core.
I did not stop there, i went for something called 'cheese macaroni', yeah the same old macaroni (italian pasta). It turned out to be a nightmare for me, what came was a another bowl with a white paste (oh oh not pasta but paste, now i dont knw if pasta's come in paste), filled with macroni and cheese. It had virtually no taste at all, and being the person who led the campaign for the dish, i had to take the initiative to eat the whole of that. Yukssss..
I had it all, i took a more conservative approach this time. We ordered for a nice fried rice (extra spicy), yeah we got it and became victims of some nice veggies being fed with non-veg. We had mixed insect fried rice, but of course iam a non-veg and if i had been fed with something bigger like chicken, mutton, fish, i would have considered myself as lucky, but insect I was least interested (unless Iam in some African countries, were insect is considered as nice nutrition).
We had seen enough for a dinner, and I ended up being one hungry man, .
Rode back home, drank some cold water and jumped onto my bed. No more SAFARI again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home